Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Anything Thread

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-14-2022, 01:54 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Sure but that's very black and white. There were a lot of songs recorded off the floor and then one by one the instruments were re-recorded with the drum track being kept. If the notes and technique don't really matter, there's no reason why it couldn't be Alec recording the bed tracks with them if he was present in the studio.

I guess we'll never know and it'll never be confirmed how the bass arrangement worked between the two of them.
Well it was confirmed by Hugh himself listing all the albums under his discography on the official webpage. Also his style is original, listening to the bass there's only one player throughout the records.

Notes and tecniques were crucial points that mattered. Those are the reasons Bongiovi sacked Alec from studio. It was always Bongiovi + musicians. Hes the one with record contract. No need for any kind of brotherhood with Alec when there was work to be done (recording an album).
Old 06-14-2022, 02:02 PM
Livin' on a Post

https://danclark.com/hugh-mcdonald-o...usic-industry/

"The second album, 7,800, I didn’t have anything to do with that and then from Slippery on, I played on everything."
Old 06-14-2022, 02:06 PM
Livin' on a Post

And boy do I love Alec!
Complete opposite to Bongiovi.
But without both of them, there wouldnt be Bon Jovi:

Old 06-14-2022, 02:44 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuli View Post
Well it was confirmed by Hugh himself listing all the albums under his discography on the official webpage. Also his style is original, listening to the bass there's only one player throughout the records.

Notes and tecniques were crucial points that mattered. Those are the reasons Bongiovi sacked Alec from studio. It was always Bongiovi + musicians. Hes the one with record contract. No need for any kind of brotherhood with Alec when there was work to be done (recording an album).
Hear what you're saying but you're making a completely different point than I am. I'm trying to determine at what point Alec wasn't involved and whether or not he was in the studio. Just because Hugh played on everything would mean he played on everything released but we don't know about the demos and the bed tracks before he took over. It could very well be Alec never stepped foot in the band's studio, we'll never know.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:54 PM
Livin' on a Post

Hear what you're saying and you win.
We will never know what happened @ lit'l mountain studios.
Old 06-14-2022, 11:28 PM
These Days

Even though I doubt it I hope either Jon or Richie (or Dave and Tico for that matter) will write a biography one day. Maybe then they will put the cards for real on the table on what actually happened during the recording sessions for those early albums.
I guess the true reason we don't know more is because basically no interviewers asks or has been particularly interested in Alec since his '94. Maybe now that will change.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:40 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post
Even though I doubt it I hope either Jon or Richie (or Dave and Tico for that matter) will write a biography one day. Maybe then they will put the cards for real on the table on what actually happened during the recording sessions for those early albums.
I guess the true reason we don't know more is because basically no interviewers asks or has been particularly interested in Alec since his '94. Maybe now that will change.
It will never happen. Jon is not the kind of guy to air his dirty laundry in public. And I have no doubt that the rest of them are not allowed to. It will be in their contracts or NDAs...
Old 06-15-2022, 04:29 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
It will never happen. Jon is not the kind of guy to air his dirty laundry in public. And I have no doubt that the rest of them are not allowed to. It will be in their contracts or NDAs...
Agreed. And also even if he was.....talking about the recording process and the songs is so far away what people are asking about, I couldn't him going in depth on the things I'd loooooove to hear about.
Old 06-22-2022, 01:12 AM
Blaze of Posting

So when was this?? Lol....
https://fb.watch/dO2lM49Qdb/
Old 06-22-2022, 09:28 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
So when was this?? Lol....
https://fb.watch/dO2lM49Qdb/
About a month ago when he was in France promoting Hampton wine.