View Single Post

Old 09-11-2002, 07:40 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Judgeing by what this guy wrote, I can't take him as a serious reporter.
"Guitar wallah Richie Sambora, the one who's married to Heather Locklear -- she must see something in him, or at least in his wallet -- took the stage with an American flag wrapped around his waist. He strutted around thrusting out his butt, and thus the flag draped over his butt, at the crowd. " I don't remember Richie "thrusting his butt at the crowd". Oh and the comment about what Heather and what she MUST see in him.

Quite a few of us don't know the entire flag protocol. It isn't taught in school here anymore. I know some of it. Like disposing of it the right way, you can not burn it, it is never to touch the ground. But some of these codes are just to extreme. " it can only fly after dark if lit by a bright light; there are approved and unapproved ways of folding and washing it, and so on." I mean I am American, my father died for this country, so I am not dissing Americans and freedom when I say this, but sometimes people lose sight of the fact that the flag is just cloth. Rules on washing it and folding it. It is almost like they worhship the flag or something. Maybe I am wrong. Btw, I see people leaving out their flags at night with out the bright light, and the people who had those little flags on their cars. I have seen some that were in rags. Are those people going to be punished?

I see so many famous people on tv "wearing" flags in various ways. Like someone said, the olympics we seeing our athletes draping flags over their shoulders. Jon himself wears a flag. Remember Madonna in the "go vote" commercial on Mtv? The list is endless.

And I really doubt our troops overseas were offended by Richie. But I am sure if they read this article they would be offended by this idiot.

Frankly, I don't see what was so offensive about what Richie did. As my (non-jovi) friend said, "it wasn't like he was wiping his butt with it". There are worse offenses this reporter needs to deal with. Oh yeah, and maybe he needs to get a life. Maybe he is just jealous that Richie is married to Heather.
Reach out to me
And I’ll be there for you
And even if you lose yourself
I’ll follow you anywhere…

~Apathy "Anywhere"