View Single Post

Old 09-25-2005, 03:56 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

The rest of the text. It was too long for one post:

Although the rock scene continues to re-invent itself to keep fresh, that’s one problem Bon Jovi doesn’t seem to have.

They’ve managed to secure their position by just staying themselves, and not altering much from their course of musical action.

But, what would they do if they woke up one morning and discovered their musical superpowers had mysteriously disappeared?

“I’m a painter, so that’s what I’d be, I do impressionist paintings,” Torres said.

In Bryan’s case, he was actually in school to become a doctor.

“I loved medicine, and surgery, the idea that you can actually fix a human body. But I think there’s too much pressure there, thinking you could actually kill somebody, so I’ll just surf instead! Nobody kills you for making a mistake in rock and roll. In fact, it makes you more human, but not when you’re a doctor!” Bryan laughed.

“When you make a mistake in music, that’s creativity, that’s how you get to understand where you are. If you don’t make mistakes, you’re not progressing. That’s when you find the new stuff, when you start to go down an uncomfortable road,” Torres added.

Bon Jovi’s journey appears far from over, and the last thing they’ll be doing from now on will be travelling uncomfortably.