Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviForever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:
but imagine if they where new songs, having not heard them all before...everyone would probably love this album.
If they were new songs, I think I would hate them even more. The thought of them wasting 23 precious days of their lives killing their old songs is bad enough.
Some of the people on this site ought to open their minds AND their ears to this new album.
I admit some of the new versions don't work, such as Bad Medicine and Bed of Roses which i don't like at all. But I think the new Wanted works really well along with It's My Life, Livin on a Prayer and several others. This album shows there is so much more to this Band than lung-bursting choruses and guitar solos.
To say they've wasted 23 days of their lives on it is a disgrace. What did you do with 23 days of your life in August/September, when they were working their butts of for our benefit? Probably absoloutley nothing if your anything like me!
OK, so you don't like the new versions, that's your perogative, but at least show them a bit of repsect for trying something different!
Look, they took the easy way out this time. I am not saying they do this all of the time, thank goodness, but this time they rushed to get something out and the results are poor in my opinion. The fact that they had only 23 days to do this shows.

As for them working their butts off for my benefit, they are the ones that cash in and reap the rewards, so I would have to say that it is to the benefit of the band to make a good album. This way they can continue to make a ton money and do a job that they love. I don't think that is a bad deal.

I have been a fan since Runaway, and sometimes I love what they do, sometimes I hate it. Such is life.
"They took the easy way out'! Are you having a laugh? If they were taking the easy way out, they could eaither have released these 12 songs in their original format and called it Crossroads Part 2. Or have done a straight down the middle acoustic album, which they could probably have done in their sleep.
As for making a ton of money, that's not going to happen, because they aren't promoting it to sell loads of copies.