I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_rizwan View Post
What (on Earth) for?

Or are you being Sarcastic.....?
I've actually once told you this story briefly on Skype. Long story short;

While I still had the File Sharing Forum I received several phonecalls from a Dutch copyright organisation asking me to shut down the site. I refused and I got into a small discussion about this and how ethical it is and how while the artist doesn't care for bootleg recordings, a record company does, and an artist can't just go encouraging etc. The guy had no idea what bootlegs really were, yet kept hammering on how illegal they were and how much they harmed the industry. It really showed how ****ed up the industry is regarding this "issue" that isn't really an issue.

After I'd given up the site completely I've been contacted again as they thought I was still running the place. Being fully aware who was doing so I told them it wasn't me. They asked for a name, I refused to give it to them because doing so, I said, would mean the end of the community. They've asked me for names of big traders two or three times now, I've never given it to them. "But we will get you to court". "Yeah sure, you drag me to court for spreading Bon Jovi recordings!" was my reply, and that's been the end of it.

They did know details I posted on this board though, so I'm not exactly sure if starting up a new place is a good idea. And with Bon Jovi being dead right now I doubt anyone even remotely cares for such a place anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Seb,
I was actually using your archived database as a check list and we concluded that the 8-9-87 Uniondale NY show set-list might have been from 8-10-87. Not sure if you even care but if you want to confirm and make the update, that's our conclusion.

And Bon Jovi actually covered Who Do You Love? I never knew that either. Is that accurate?
I remember putting that show under August 9 for a reason, can't remember why though. You might be right. As for Who Do You Love having been played; no idea, I rarely listen to any bootleg from before 1990.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan