View Single Post

Old 10-21-2020, 08:06 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunorc21 View Post
I agree about Limitless and in general the won't appeal to a new generation. But i strong disagree about Bon Jovi not being able to create some buzz around the album together with a new artist.

Santana did that back in the 2000s in a time when all you could hear was boy bands.
Santana also made different music compared to what he did before. He had to convince a record label owner he was capable of re-inventing himself and purposely went for a more pop-orientated sound. Besides, Santana's Smooth also doesn't really sound like a Santana song, it's written by other people and features another singer as Santana doesn't really sing at all.

Bringing in Harry Styles might get a few teenagers attention but there's just no way they're interested in the back catalog. There's just no overlap, for every kid listening to rock music there's at least 25 who don't. Bon Jovi lack the talent to incorporate nowadays music in their own music as their own interest just isn't there anymore. It's why Crush worked and Bounce didn't. Jon adored the Britpop Era and thus all influences on Crush gel together. On the other hand Bounce is such a cluster****, it's full of Creed & Linkin Park references but it's not the music Jon was interested in at all.

This constant change of direction eventually backfired as well because they were never able to please the fans they gained. Lost Highway gained them a ton of fans but once The Circle was out many fans ignored it because "Bon Jovi have gone country nowadays". It's why there's such a lack of focus the past 10 years, they've no idea who they're making albums for nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan