View Single Post

Old 06-21-2021, 04:16 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Bad Medicine is in E minor, no? The G is way too prominent for A major, although I guess the whole rock & roll scale thing allows for it. It feels more minorish than Teenagers (ironic, given the titles).

Also, for the record, I never cared all that much for Teenagers. Famous Last Words (as I said), the title track (super close behind), The Sharpest Lives, This is How I Disappear, House of Wolves - these are all super duper great, though.
I've never played Bad Medicine, so I didn't know the chords, but I just looked at some sheet music samples online and they're all written in E Major, but there are natural signs to get rid of the G#s during the chorus, and I also just tried playing the vocal melody on the piano and there seems to be some back and forth between G and G# in the verses as well, so I guess that's where the minorish feeling comes from. It's definitely not A Major though, just like you said - I don't know why so many websites claim it is. E Major actually really makes much more sense anyways, since Teenagers is in E Major as well, and if you play the songs back to back, the pitch sounds the same.

I love that entire album, but I guess my favorite tracks are Famous Last Words, Disenchanted, the title track, I Don't Love You and This Is How I Disappear. Well, okay, and I guess Teenagers as well 😄