View Single Post

Old 10-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

I have other issues with Rolling Stone Magazine. I canceled my subscription early.

But to answer your question -- they focus a "lot" on younger acts. They do give some nods to the older bands, but not nearly as much. Back in the 80s, Jon was on the cover at least twice though. So I don't think they "hated them from the start." I think they are trying to give a boost to the newer performers. They also want to be a political magazine, I think

I canceled my subscription early because I had all I could stand of them trying to push their political agenda on their readers. I might ruffle some feathers here, but the bottom line for me is, if I want a political magazine, then I will subscribe to one. I wanted a music magazine, but they were becoming less and less that. It's different if they are focusing on how music is related to political views. BUT! That is not the path they are on.

Sorry --- rant over

Your original question -- I don' t think they "hate" Bon Jovi. I believe they just have a different agenda these days, and it's not necessarily "music and pop culture."

Mel