View Single Post

Old 08-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

One more time - the good ol' Skid Vs BJ thread
Just a few cool quotes for you guys - enjoy!

Question:Ok,Bazz, one pretty dangerous question: what do you think about Bon Jovi?

Seb: People say: "Oh you guys wouldn't have made it without Bon Jovi."
I go "Who knows?", I don't know. I don't think anybody, though if they weren't
offered the ****in' biggest tour in the world with the biggest management
in the world,with a big record contract, I can't see 'em going.
"No I don't think so, I think I'm gonna wait around a couple more years and
do it all my way", you know? **** that shit,man! Most guys on my age would
give their left nut to do what we've been doing this year!But if you want to know
the whole story this is the way it is..."Snake" grew up with Jon.
Their backyards faced each other in New Jersey when they were kids. You know,
they got laid for the first time together at the same party. And they got drunk together
for the first time. They were like ****in' best friends,right? Then,when they both
started getting involved in bands,they kind make this pact. You know like,
"If you make it first,man, I'll ****in' come back and help you", and vice versa, you know?
Which was pretty ****in' cool for the rest of us in the band!**** yeah, you did the
right thing that day,"Snake" old buddy!

Question:What about the song publishing?

Seb:Jeez it's on the album,isn't it?If you look at the fine print,I mean,
yeah that's what happened,man!Things like that happen to everybody in this business.
I had to pay a former manager,when I joined Skid row,like $20,000.Just to be
****in' in this band!And I mean,I didn't have that kind of money.I'd never
sold any records!But Jon gave me that money to pay this guy off,or I couldn't
have been in this band!

::::::::::::

Seb:He has $70 million in his bank acount,but he seems to be desperate to get an extra $2
million from us!Why,I don't know!But he was under a publishing contract whereby we make
nothing at all.And I promise you that unless things change we will not carry on.
I'd rather split this band up that carry on making money for Jon Bon Jovi!

Jon:With Skids,that was something I'd been working on for two years,for about
a year and a half of that we were writing songs with them,re-writing songs,paying for
studio time,paying their rent and every single thing that came with them!

Richie: What happend was that I was part of a company with Jon,but disagreed with what
was going on. So,I gave back some money and got out!

Question:Rumor has it Jon Bon Jovi & Richie Sambora had owned the publishing off the first Skid Row record.
After its huge success there was obviously a good amount of money made. Jon & Richie had already stacked
their bank accounts pretty well due to their own sales. After this was made somewhat public knowledge rumor
was that Slash from GNR said something to Richie that prompted him to give back his share of the money to
the band (you guys, Skid Row). However Jon didn't do the same after Baz pulled his shit.
Is this true, please elaborate?

Dave "Snake" Sabo:I know Rich felt uncomfortable about the money he made off of our 1st album but the money was
never given back to us,that I am sure of. But, as far as that whole thing goes, we basically signed a shitty deal,
but we all signed it, and contrary to what anyone might say, we all knew what we were doing. It's just that when
success hit, we realized how much we had given up and it was quite a bit. But, we still made a pretty penny ourselves.

Last edited by Rumen; 08-13-2009 at 02:42 PM..