View Single Post

Old 07-17-2007, 02:45 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
It's because modern music is pure crap...no art/style/skill to it whatsoever.. Look how many fantastic guitarists were in bands back in the 80s/early 90's...shit loads..now? Pfftt...I can't personally think of one new talented guitarist for example
Alot of people don't believe this, but John Mayer is an excellent guitarist, one of the best of this generation. I saw him live this January and it was an incredible experience. The Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist is great as well. I haven't seen them in concert, but some of the solos on "Stadium Arcadium" are great. But with bands like Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, Plain White T's, Nickelback, etc. ruling the charts, it's no wonder why people are buying older CD's. In fact, I was in the car with a friend of mine the other day, and I was flipping through his iPod, and I saw that he had Crossroads on it.