View Single Post

Old 01-27-2021, 11:37 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
Personally, I think the best sounding version of the Bounce demos can be found on the 2003 Target CD.

https://www.discogs.com/Bon-Jovi-Bon...elease/2108923

1. Breathe (Demo)
2. Lucky (Demo)
3. No Regrets (Demo)
4. Standing (Demo)
5. We Can Dance (Demo)
6. Misunderstood (Live)
7. Everyday (Acoustic)
8. Just Older (LIve)

The five demos have much better dynamic range on that disc compared to the singles they were released on. I neglected buying it at the time but I happened to have an MP3 version of that disc on my computer and decided to compare the waveforms and I couldn't believe how much better they looks (and sounded) compared to the b-side versions I'd been listening to. Based on this I decided to buy the CD from Amazon UK and was able to find it at a fair price and they were the same mastering as the MP3's I had. No remixing going on however, they're the exact same songs/versions but just with much more depth and feel compared to the brickwalled CD single b-side versions. The three live tracks still had low DR values however.

I uploaded the DR values on here;

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/149339

I wish I'd known about this years earlier as I wouldn't have bothered with collecting as many of the singles otherwise. Even if you're not interested in dynamic range but want to collect the Bounce b-sides, this is an essential purchase and saves you money buying the Japanese single of "Everyday" for "Breathe".

I all fairness, most of the Bounce demos that were released sounded as good as finished anyway. It's not like any of them sounded rough in any way. There are no HD releases of these songs. CD is as good as it will ever get.
I was always curious as to how Another Reason To Believe would sound included in the bonus disc from 100 millions cant be wrong Japan edition.