View Single Post

Old 03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

That's not how things work. You don't record 30 songs and then hand them to a producer to make something of it. No one really knows how much had been finish with Bruce Fairbairn before he died, and most demo's that have been released from the Crush era have a different feeling to them compared to what Real Life sounds like.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
What are you talking about? I never said anything about recorded songs?

In an interview he stated that he gave Bruce 30 and Richie brought 1. He wasn't specific as to what stage the songs were in or what album they were for. He said Real Life was the last song Bruce did for them before his passing.

Jon has his own recording studio and it capable of some sort of production so you don't really know what stage the songs were in when he handed them over.

By the way, these are the conversations I love to have and was hoping my 90's post could morph into something like this. I can't take these simple topics anymore on ranking your favorite song or worst line. Like I stated, my 90’s topic was influenced from the Box Set topic while I was reading about the These Days songs.