View Single Post

Old 03-29-2013, 05:07 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Cadillac Man was played (at least) four times:
Melbourne 1989-11-04 (the time, I suppose, it was written)
Hammersmith Odeon, London 1990-01-10
Count Basie Theatre, New Jersey 1990-12-23 (afternoon show)
Osaka 1991-01-09

There are recordings of all shows (that's how we know it) when the first one is very very rare and the other three are quite accessible and the second one is the most famous and well known version.
Great Info Johnny....

I have 3 out of the 4 and just spent a considerable about of time trying to clean them up using MAGIX but my ear for this sort of thing sucks but I still did my best. The sources on these are all beat to shit anyway.

The best I could do is balance the London version with the NJ Demos to fit into that same quality while listening.

There has to be a pro-soundboard in that vault somewhere. Being that it was released officially, we might not ever get a chance to get our paws on it. But then again, other live stuff has been released.

I just spent the last week redoing my entire collection. I ripped all my CDs again using Exact Audio Copy from the remastered disks. And replaced a lot of sources with improved ones for the rare stuff. Whatever was remaining, I used MAGIX to clean it up. I balanced the sound using MP3 Gain.

There are still 22 originals that I couldn't include because the quality is so bad, it's an unenjoyably listen.

But besides that, I hit shuffle in my i-pod and it never sounded better. That's something I've wanted to do for years and I finally got it done!