View Single Post

Old 07-05-2017, 12:38 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
While searching for some more information, I came across this site that has all the text from the box set booklet. If anyone's interested. At first, I thought it was something new, but it seems it isn't...

http://bonjovi2005.free.fr/comm_box.php

Though it for example explicitly states that Why Aren't You Dead has been demoed for KTF (and states the reason why it's not been included), as well as that Miss 4th Of July is from the Grey Summer period (he even mentions it by name, does it stem from that?) Sorry if it's been posted/confirmed for those songs by now, I'm too lazy to read all the pages again right now
I remember that reason for Why Aren't You Dead and I assume it might be from the KTF sessions. Maybe Jon wasn't fit enough when they recorded it and hence he screamed more on some parts. The Radio Saved My Life Tonight was obviously recorded when he had a pretty bad cold and it didn't stop him. So some vocal fluctuations need to be considered.
The only other explanation I'd have is that they revisited the song for a possible inclusion on Crossroad (since it reflected in some way Bad Name/Bad Medicine with its "tongue-in-cheek" lyrics), but decided against it in the end since they weren't heading in that direction anymore.

Miss 4th of July is THE grey summer song for me, so it definitely was written in 1991. I'm just questioning whether only the vocals were re-recorded later or whether the entire band reworked the song at some point. That again leads me to the question how the song may have originally sounded in 1992.