Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Box Set Revisited

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151  
Old 08-23-2018, 01:00 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is online now
Senior Member
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 6,326
Default

I'm sure he wasn't talking about you.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote

  #152  
Old 08-23-2018, 01:20 PM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
Something for the Posts
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 34
Gender: female
Posts: 3,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I'm sure he wasn't talking about you.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
I already know...
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 08-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Rdkopper's Avatar
Rdkopper Rdkopper is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 8,008
Default

Slightly off topic but a good place to ask...

When where the These Days Bsides recorded? Wedding Day, When She Comes, Etc...

I know it's been discussed numerous times but I'm becoming the World's Most Forgetting Bon Jovi Fan...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
__________________
World’s Most Professional Bon Jovi Fan!!!
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 08-23-2018, 09:50 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,439
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

There's video footage of them recording Prostitute in the basement of Jon's old house, I know Prostitute and When She Comes came from those early early sessions so I would assume NJ but don't know for certain. I wonder if the liner notes for the singles say so?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 08-23-2018, 11:52 PM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is online now
Senior Member
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 6,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
There's video footage of them recording Prostitute in the basement of Jon's old house, I know Prostitute and When She Comes came from those early early sessions so I would assume NJ but don't know for certain. I wonder if the liner notes for the singles say so?
Gonna check that tomorrow, but where exactly did that footage appear?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 08-24-2018, 08:01 AM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
Something for the Posts
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 34
Gender: female
Posts: 3,249
Default

The New Jersey session, December 1994 (after the Nashville thing bla bla bla)
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 08-24-2018, 03:25 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,439
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Gonna check that tomorrow, but where exactly did that footage appear?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
The BJ TV for the box set I'm pretty sure it was. The clip of Tico pretending to/actually fall asleep at the drums it does a quick cut and you hear the first bars of Prostitute. I believe they were also recording the electric version of Bitter Wine at that session too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 08-25-2018, 02:08 AM
Kathleen's Avatar
Kathleen Kathleen is offline
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 05 Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Age: 72
Gender: female
Posts: 17,164
Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The BJ TV for the box set I'm pretty sure it was. The clip of Tico pretending to/actually fall asleep at the drums it does a quick cut and you hear the first bars of Prostitute. I believe they were also recording the electric version of Bitter Wine at that session too.
You are entirely correct. I haven't watched that footage for almost 15 years so I just dug it out. You can hear part of the verse for Bitter Wine (I stole you a Rose). Good stuff and I had forgotten all about it.
__________________

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 08-25-2018, 05:41 AM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,439
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
You are entirely correct. I haven't watched that footage for almost 15 years so I just dug it out. You can hear part of the verse for Bitter Wine (I stole you a Rose). Good stuff and I had forgotten all about it.
The box set came out 15 years ago? Jeez, you're right. Wow. We're very close to HAND being a 15 year old album.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 08-25-2018, 07:18 PM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,057
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The box set came out 15 years ago? Jeez, you're right. Wow. We're very close to HAND being a 15 year old album.
Jeez that's scary...
__________________
Thinny
https://www.last.fm/user/Thinny
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
box set

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.