View Single Post

Old 07-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Posting everyday

I've always been torn on Outlaws of Love as well. It sounds quite a lot like their 80's music, but vocally I always put it in the KTF era somehow. The lyrics might be total fiction or actually stem from the grey summer era where he might've reflected on what happened to Dorothea and him when they got married and everyone (manager, band and family) was mad at them for doing so. The first verse/chorus quite resemble that.
Musically it might've been a similar case to Why Aren't You Dead. That one was left off because it was lyrically too close to songs like Bad Name/Bad Medicine and didn't fit their envisioned direction. Outlaws of Love could have just sounded too close to their 80's music and hence got ruled out.
Furthermore, the NJ era is so well documented with all those bootleg tapes of the demo sessions and this song isn't anywhere to be found. And I doubt that there are much more unheard (and fully produced) tunes from 1988 since they just didn't have the time to record so much more material than they already did for the planned double album. His vocals sound too mature to me to be placed anywhere before New Jersey.
So I tend to believe that it actually really was a KTF outtake.

Last edited by bonjovi90; 07-02-2017 at 05:35 PM..