View Single Post

Old 07-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Great points... Prior to your post, I was going with a Blaze Of Glory session... Lyrically it obviously doesn't fit the soundtrack... But vocally and Title wise it could... I don't think this was demoed for KTF but possible a few months prior (If there even is a difference in time?)... But then again, if that's Richie on guitar it would almost have to be for that session...

I would think that Jon would remember if it was written for KTF but if it was during that blurred grey summer, it could make sense that he forgot...

Blaze of Glory is my favorite time period... I think this was Jon's peak overall as a musician...vocally, song writing, production, etc.... This is my area and I think this song fits that slot. Even though he's recording a soundtrack, if something comes up that he could use for a future album, I'm sure he's going to record it... My only hang up with that theory is, is that Richie's guitar?
I think that's a good point! It might have just been in the first batch of the songs that were done by Jon solely for KTF since there still is a bit of that Blaze of Glory influence in it, yet thematically it tends to wander into that 1991 period. However, it might've been a song originally penned for Blaze of Glory and then having had the lyrics re-written to move away from that cowboy theme. Sound wise, I always assumed that it was the band playing on it since the drum fills seem quite Tico-like to me and the aggressive power chords have a Richie-feel towards them.