View Single Post

Old 08-13-2018, 02:53 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
I don't know guys, to me JBJ's voice in You Can Sleep While I Dream doesn't sound 1994, it's sounds more kinda like Two Story Town Webcast 2000 lol (btw same co-writers plus Richie)

no doubt this song is very pretty -_- and similar to Saturday Night (Hey’s, chord, etc.), maybe it was the Saturday Night "in the moment" (of course not too awesome like Saturday Night!!!!)
Great Research!!!! I knew you had a purpose
However, checking the songwriters is usually the first rule of thumb. I'm getting lazy in my old age (that's twice now)...

But yes, I googled Dean Grakal and his time with Bon Jovi was during that 1999 Crush time frame... Along with Mark Hudson who is also attached with Jon during the late 90's...

Mark is also a producer and anything with his name attached usually comes with a higher vocal. Last Chance Train for example almost sound unnatural however it's one of my favorite songs off the Box so go figure. It would be interesting to see what he could do with Jon's voice now... He could probably take off 15 years like they do with the Actors using CGI...

All 4 songs below are credited with Mark. They all have a very similar feel...

You Can Sleep While I Dream
Last Chance Train
Crazy Love
Someday Just Might Be Tonight

Bottom line, we'll keep it at 1999 and I'll update the main page with that information... Great Research Yovana!!!