View Single Post

Old 12-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuli View Post
And Rolling Stone's cover story from February 9, 1989 mag w/ report from USSR:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-voyage-52146/
This is a nice article to recall; not like recent reviews on the media these days that are so boring...
actually on this article there is a mention of hair (we were talking about hair on the Anything Thread lol): "you ain’t got enough money" for him to cut his hair for a role.

also nice words toward the band, JBJ: “It’s more like a brotherhood, where you’re stuck with these ****in’ lousy guys forever. Your sense of loyalty is more important than business, because when your back’s against the wall, you know who’s gonna be there for you.”

And for Doc, JBJ: "He’s gotta be my best friend for me to trust anybody at this point in my life."
The article ends with: After conquering the Soviet Union, what’s left — the first tour of Mars? “Don’t say that in front of Doc,” Jon says with a pained smile. “He’ll have me up in the space shuttle.”

and cool David one on Living In Sin: "We were doing pre-production in Tico's basement, right by the washing machine and dryer on this ugly green carpet. I had just gotten this new synthesizer, the D-50. I hooked my stuff up for the first time, and plated the opening chord-and open E, just the I and V, with the 9th on top. I think the 802 was a big part of the sound. I pressed number 15, and there it was. I just went, 'Thank you!'"

Nice read, rokuli!