View Single Post

Old 03-11-2019, 10:43 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Hmm I don't think I understand. The versions on the box set ARE the way they were intended. Those are the original masters straight from the studio. You're looking for the flac versions of songs played through a speaker and then recorded on, I assume, cassette and converted digital. I mean if that's what your after, totally, cool, I just don't know why.
Yeah, that's the way I see it as well. Other than Older which logically was reworked when it became Just Older, the later released versions of that playlist were pretty much the same as what was played over the PA.
It wasn't a finished, coherent album to begin with. Jon was fishing as to what to do next and they just had a bunch of then-finished songs playing in no particular order with the request for the fans to rate them. Listening to it, I think it's clear that there wasn't any clear artistic view behind it (yet) as it had been the case with Destination Anywhere.
I, for one, am happy that this album never materialized. The sound direction has never been my cup of tea, that's probably why I don't really like I'm Your Man from Burning Bridges either.