View Single Post

Old 03-14-2019, 03:17 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Bon Jovi is a greatest hits band. You can't have decades of being one type of band and then pivot and drop Bad Medline.
Sure you can. Born To Be My Baby was dropped from the set for a good decade. Always is almost always ignored. Lay Your Hands On Me and Bed Of Roses were dropped for several tours. Keep The Faith was dropped for a lot of shows on the Bounce tour and several on the HAND tour. In These Arms doesn't show up at every show either.

You're making it sound like Bon Jovi play a great hits show, but they're not. For most regular shows at least half of the set is either a new song, one or two crowd pleasers or an album cut no one cares for but Jon.

Bon Jovi could easily release re-releases. They did so when all albums were re-released in 2010. Obie really spoke of something immensely special. Yet what were the bonus tracks? Live songs no one cares for, apart from maybe 2 or 3 which were special. That New Jersey re-release? It was awful and another missed opportunity.

Bon Jovi's problem is the band is being run by someone who doesn't care for the band and only sees it as a vehicle to make money. Jon's so focussed on not being a nostalgia act yet has been stuck in the past for at least 20 years. It's just not the past his audience likes.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan