View Single Post

Old 09-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Well, thinking that someone is so good to actually classify it as masterpiece and at the same time having no desire to listen to something you rate that high is a little contradiction to me
I think Schindler's List is a complete front to back masterpiece. I have seen it twice in 25 years. The qualities of that movie are not in dispute for me, but I may probably never watch it again.

Aquaman from last year was a generally poor movie, I have seen it twice in less than 12 months. While I won't seek it out, I may leave Aquaman on if I am scanning cable one night in the future.

Regardless of that, I don't listen to Memory often because I don't like the song that much. What's liking something got to do with understanding whether that something is a masterpiece or not? Critical thinking should allow you to judge something beyond the bias of your own opinion. Otherwise anything you simply don't like would be deemed to lack merit.

And like Seb correctly pointed out, I said one of their few masterpieces (less than a handful for me) this century. I was not neccesarily comparing it to the myriad masterpieces the band put out pre-2000.