View Single Post

Old 11-19-2014, 07:06 AM
Jovi FANatic

I think as long as he uses the band name, he'll be fine (a hit single, or at least a solid album would wouldn't hurt). I agree, the honorable thing to do is tour with his own name, but I really don't think he could sell out the types of places they are use to playing as a solo artist.

I can't really think of any other band to compare this situation to (similar status, etc), but I'll wing it. I think when people see "Jon Bon Jovi Live" they'll likely think, "He might play a couple Bon Jovi hits, but most likely he'll be playing his solo stuff and that new album that I have no interest in buying." Jon will be lucky if they remember that Blaze of Glory was a solo song.

If Jon uses the name Bon Jovi and hits the road without Richie, most die hards won't care too much (after all, Richie is the one that walked off mid tour - and if it's a solid album, we'll go) and most everyone else (the majority of the crowd) won't even notice that Richie's gone.

If people will pay to hear 2012 Jon sing 1986 Jon, I doubt anyone will have a problem with Phil X playing for Richie.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...