Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

In The Mood For "Keep The Faith"

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-14-2006, 03:40 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04
Default In The Mood For "Keep The Faith"

I love this album. I think it could be my tied with New Jersey for my favorite Bon Jovi album. What are your highlights and favorite songs? What makes Keep The Faith (In your words) one of Bon Jovi's best albums? Songs like I Believe, Dry County In These Arms, Keep The Faith, Bed of Roses, I Want You are just awesome. The guitar work is fantastic and Jon sounds great. I wish the boys would have kept with this sound instead of rolling onto These Days. Blah.

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????

Old 08-14-2006, 03:57 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

This album (along with These Days) is one of my all time favorites. I think the openers - I Believe and Keep the Faith deliver a one - two punch that is unbeatable. I used to love Sleep When I'm Dead but I think I'm burned out on it. Then comes In These Arms and Bed of Roses two of the best ballads.
Dry County is probably my all time favorite single song of theirs. I love the music, the words and the fact that it doesn't fit into a 3 minute time slot. And personally I think Little Bit of Soul is fantastic. If those were the only songs on it - it would be enough for me.

Kathleen

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:00 AM
Jovi Fan

Send a message via MSN to smelltheglove

i have to say the tracks you mentioned are my favorites of this album and also "If i was your mother" and "Dry county"but i have to say it has some terrible tracks on it also namely fear,woman in love and i used to like Sleep when im dead but it has been played to bits and im sorry its one of my least favorite jovi songs now because of that....but the album is great not there greatest but still great..

http://kevfox8008.googlepages.com/home (my bootleg trade site Bon jovi section has to be seriously updated will do in due time)
Old 08-14-2006, 04:01 AM
Jovi Fan

Kathleen i think great minds think alike lol re the sleep when im dead comment you musta posted while i was typing my reply lol

http://kevfox8008.googlepages.com/home (my bootleg trade site Bon jovi section has to be seriously updated will do in due time)
Old 08-14-2006, 04:08 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Yeah - Woman in Love never did a thing for me either. Blame it on the Love of Rock and Roll is OK but not great. But I think I have heard Sleep When I'm Dead live at every Bon Jovi concert I've been to since the early nineties. Enough already - give it a rest LOL.

Kathleen

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:16 AM
Jovi Fan

Ah come on for old times sake wwooooooooooooooooah ye........oooooooo o whoaye........ooooowhoooo owhoaaa etc...lol i think the song now irritates me lol

Old 08-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Just posting

Am I the only one who likes Fear?? I've always thought it was a bit underrated, but maybe that's just because I'm weird.

Little Bit of Soul took a while to grow on me but I LOVE it now. Such a cool song.

I also love I Want You which always seems to be overlooked.

And of course all the obvious ones like KTF, Bed of Roses, Dry County, etc. are great. Keep the Faith is and probably always will be tied with New Jersey as my favorite album.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Keep the Faith

I think Keep The Faith is one of Jovi's most underrated albums in terms of appreciation by the die-hards - it seems to live in the shadow of These Days. For me, KTF is the only Jovi album which could be released again today and still have the same relevance and commercial impact as in 1992. It's also the only Jovi album which doesn't sound dated when you listen to it years later.

Don't get me wrong, I love SWW & NJ and they are the quintessential Bon Jovi albums, but if I heard them for the first time today they'd have the 80's sound. Keep The Faith could have been recorded yesterday and for me, with this record that's one of Bon Jovi's greatest achievements.

If I could only ever listen to one Bon Jovi album, as much as I love the others and the earlier ones have personal meaning to me, I think this would be the one I'd chose.

PS. I love Fear too and If I Was Your Mother. Maybe it's the darker songs that draw me in ..
Old 08-14-2006, 12:09 PM
These Days

i think im the only one who doesnt like this album. it has a lot of great songs that i really like, but i don't like it as a whole. listening to random songs from it is fun, but listening to the whole album is boring and i can never enjoy listening to all the songs all together. i prefer to listen to it's songs individually.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Next 100 Posts

It's the best after SWW, NJ and HAND. Well done, Bon Jovi!

Alan