Thread: Crush & Bounce
View Single Post

Old 08-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Crush was the first Bon Jovi album I had. I had it for my 14th birthday, and bought Bounce on the day of it's release, just as I was starting 6th form college. I agree these albums are far from the bands best efforts, but they are still good to listen to and hold precious memories, Bounce especially.

I think Crush is a more consistant album than Bounce and perhaps more experimental than any other band album. IMO all the albums are different and have their own sound and feel, but like Walrus said, Crush is alot more daring than anything the band have really done before or since. It's one of my least favourite albums and I do think it slows down too much half way through and barely picks up by the end. However, I do have a soft spot for it and I still play it now and again. Neurotica is THE best 2000+ track they've ever done!

I don't agree that Bounce was a second-rate Crush in that it followed the same formula. anyone who says that must have only heard the singles from both albums. Crush and Bounce are NOTHING alike.

I liked Bounce because it was alot heavier and the energy was really pumping on some of the tracks (Undivided/Hook Me Up/Bounce) which Crush kinda lacked. Undivided can still send a shiver down the spine and I like how "angry" it sounds. I love The Distance aswell, i think it's a great little mimi-epic song if you will, and I love the guitar work on there, and I don't mind Misunderstood at all. Yes it is an uneven album, whereas Crush stayed at a more balanced level, but I think that's what makes me more interested in Bounce, there are so many layers to it.

Overall, these albums were both successful sales-wise and tour-wise, but they won't be as memorable as Slippery, Jersey or Faith, but who knows, 10 years time there may me some kind of cult following for the albums, similar to that of 7800° Fahrenheit.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.