Thread: Crush
View Single Post

Old 12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
You must be kidding me! A natural progression? That's how you call work with Max Martin? This was an album DESIGNED from A to Z to attract new audience, mainly the teenier boppers who by 2000 were slowly approaching mid-puberty. Keep The Faith was a natural progression. These Days was a natural progression. Crush wasn't.

Anyhow, I think it's a fairly decent album. Not the best, by far not the worst and actually, in my opinion, their best post 2000 record. better than both HAND and Bounce not to mention LH.

The only song that stands out is Say It Isn't So, easily one of the best songs BJ have ever come up with. I would have preferred a rougher guitar solo but otherwise nice riff, good melody and excellent lyrics.
So you really think they sat down and Jon said "Okay boys, our last two albums were great, but that audience has moved on. What can we write that will attract the teeny boppers?" Because that's a loyal fan base! I just don't agree that it was a discussed process and they wrote solely towards that decision.

I know that when Crush came out, I loved it (with the exception of Mystery - never liked that one!). Now, I can't remember the last time I listened to it - probably my least favourite album. Although I do really like the bonus tracks.