View Single Post

Old 04-05-2020, 01:37 PM
Livin' on a Post

I will not further derail the discussion.

I just point out that yes there is a lot of subtlety to discuss about the actual threat that the virus poses and the actual consequences of our responses.

But this discussion is not taking place. 95% of people take for granted a certain kind of black and any argument towards something more ... grey, is instantly perceived as white.

The meme which you provided attests for this mono-dimensional understanding of the situation.

We shall not discuss further here, but I urge the people to be informed about different opinions on this (and any) subject. Even more-so when they come from people that are recognized as "experts" (since we value expertise that much in our current culture).

Cheers everyone and be well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Cool. Great list. Besides copying the list of names, have you read what they've said? There's a bit of subtlety in between a yes for a shutdown and a supposedly no, it's not as black and white as you make it out to be. And no, that list is not "in support of David Bryan". In the end it's not got much with this not calling it the flu though and why it's an idiotic statement to make. Besides half of the world currently disagreeing with your list here's an image that shows why "We're so afraid of words" and why they're wrong.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan