View Single Post

Old 12-04-2011, 11:10 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair View Post
A good and interesting read! And they are spot on about Jovi's promotion and marketing in recent years, and while we can love it or hate it, it has worked in some way.

But, Hysteria >> Slippery When wet, there I said it. Its a better complete album in my opinion. But Leppard have never come close to that again, whereas Jovi followed up Slippery to complete the holy trinity with NJ and KTF, a real home run! And then of course These Days..

But I don't agree that much with Bon Jovi intentionally 'copying' def leppards early sound..

andi
I have to say that I completely agree with you. I think as a whole album Hysteria is better, it really was their version of Thriller - 7 hit singles on one album is an incredible feat.

But in general Bon Jovi have proved to be much more consistent than Def Leppard, all Bon Jovi's following albums were better than DL's. I also think that Bon Jovi are better live.

With regard to the copying sound issue - i don't think they copied it at all - it's similar but distinct enough not to be copied.
24.06.2011 - LCCC, MANCHESTER
25.06.2011 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
16.10.2012 - RICHIE - SHEPHERD'S BUSH, LONDON
0̶8̶.̶0̶6̶.̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶-̶ ̶E̶T̶I̶H̶A̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶,̶ ̶M̶A̶N̶C̶H̶E̶S̶T̶E̶R̶
05.07.2013 - HYDE PARK, LONDON