View Single Post

Old 12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK View Post
I have to say that I completely agree with you. I think as a whole album Hysteria is better, it really was their version of Thriller - 7 hit singles on one album is an incredible feat.

But in general Bon Jovi have proved to be much more consistent than Def Leppard, all Bon Jovi's following albums were better than DL's. I also think that Bon Jovi are better live.

With regard to the copying sound issue - i don't think they copied it at all - it's similar but distinct enough not to be copied.

Yeah, and Def Leppards early stuff before Hysteria, albeit still a commercial sound, was still closer to hard rock/ metal as part of the NWOBHM than Jovi who were alot more pop sounding.

But it would be hard not to be bitter if you were a band and another new band on the scene starts to steal your audience.
The truth be told, Jon and Richie are just better songwriters than anyone in Lep, Jon is ALOT more charismatic than Joe, and along with all the fluff Bon Jovi can and have written serious and mature songs throughout their whole career (Dry Country on a Leppard album? wouldn't work) As good as 'Slang' was, it was a one off and they went back to their one trick sound, whereas Jovi at least have a bit more of variety going on in their song writing (well, most of the time..haha)

andi
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine