View Single Post

Old 12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Some fair points and some I think you're way off about. The ratio of solos in Lep songs to Jovi songs is pretty steep. There are far more Leppard solos. I agree with the production, it's too plastic sounding. Sometimes I wonder if Rick is on them as much as we're lead to believe. Has anyone heard otherwise? I know there were a handful of the Yeah! tracks that aren't him.
The way Leps have recorded since Hysteria (apart from Slang) is that the drums are programmed and Rick only plays the cymbals live. It was even shown on some home video, like Visualize or something. It's no secret, although I'm not sure if they still do it.

To be frank, none of you (or me for that matter) could tell the difference between real and sampled drums anymore, it's not been possible in years. The only way to tell is if the time is too perfect, but even that can be faked.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.