View Single Post

Old 05-21-2018, 04:48 PM
Posting everyday

I think these two solo albums showcase perfectly the way Jon has changed throughout the years.
Blaze of Glory throbs with energy, these macho-esque imagery throughout the lyrics and the (sometimes even slightly over-the-top) edgy vocals. It's very much flat-out in-your-face music and it's good at that. This was what Jon up until that point had been all about.
Destination Anywhere probably has some of Jon's most introverted songwriting and is, from that point of view, just a continuation of These Days. Very reflective and some of his finest moments in there. It's the musical approach that makes it differ so much from the Jovi albums and I love it for that.
I guess it depends on which Jovi era you like or when you became a fan that decides which album is your favourite. People who are more into the 80's music will always favour Blaze while people who grew up or became a fan in the 90's generally tend to prefer Destination Anywhere.

Btw. I listened to Cold Hard Heart yesterday, don't know if it was a bonus track on all versions. Brilliant track in my book!