View Single Post

Old 04-29-2022, 11:14 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA no one has gotten beat up more on this forum over the years than Bobby Bandiera. How many ITA solos did Bobby screw up? Everyone was sick to death of the jukebox songs. He helped with background vocals sure, but he doesn't hold a candle to Richie. In any way. Anyone who thinks Bobby's absence has a bigger impact than Richie's needs their head examined.
But that's not the question. You're cherry picking a completely different argument. The point was Richie leaving had little to do with the setlist not changing and had more to do with Bobby's absence. I couldn't stand his guitar style on a lot of rockier songs of the catalogue but think of how often you saw Bobby rehearsing rarer songs in case Jon wanted to pull them out. He was the human juekbox for a reason and retained a lot of random songs in his repertoire. Richie wasn't even on stage with them when they did Santa Fe.

I stand by my point. Bobby's history with Jon and on his solo tour fanclub shows meant Jon could pull rarer songs out and know Bobby could handle it. Dude butchered every solo though.