View Single Post

Old 08-10-2015, 11:41 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default Ebay scammer/rare demos

This isn't something I'm proud of and there's going to be some stuff I'd rather leave out but that e-bay/rare demo and out takes deal was a load of bull. I spoke with him to great lengths, he couldn't have been nicer. Once the e-bay auction got closed we got to talking, I made him an offer, we agreed on an amount and I sent the money.

Things went sour when he sent me a .rar file with a password (That he had previously had given me) after I sent the money. It contained an .mkv file of The Hot Chick starring Rob Schneider and the password didn't work either. He stopped responding to my emails and blocked me on twitter almost right after that.

He's probably reading this right now as, fun story, "sambora3d" is his name here. So I'm asking for help. I can take my lumps, I was gotten and I'm gunning for a refund but I also got word that he was sending the same samples and tracklistings he was sending me to other people too so its' possible others fell for it.

Since this all went down last week I e-mailed him over and over to the point where he finally responded apologizing, saying he was going to send the money back, it was for old hospital bills and talked about his mental issues. I was cool with him paying me back monthly and we arranged the amount and he was pretty sorry and at one point made he threw in that this was a hacked email account and he feels sorry for the person it belongs to (which I don’t believe as per the research I did on him) while at the same time still apologetic to me and willing to pay me back. As soon as I followed up on what he meant by a hacked account and how I don’t know his name, all of a sudden like magic the original owner got his e-mail access back and wouldn’t you know it HE DOESN’T SPEAK ENGLISH ANYMORE.
I've scoured the internet and learned anything I can about his online presence and the names/addresses he used to communicate with me are the same he used as a Bon Jovi fan (Rookie move) so I'm out for blood. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Please don't ask me about the price or anything, I'll just say it was a decent amount I'd like back. Here we go:

Name: Daniel Vélez
Email address: claptonstring@msn.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/claptonstring
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/claptonpick

Please spread word about this. Getting my money back would be great but him not ripping others off would be even better.