View Single Post

Old 01-23-2023, 10:51 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

You just posted a 2,5 hour, 23 song setlist filled with songs Jon struggled with even 10 years ago and you think ideally it'd be 50 shows long and is somewhat realistic?

Jon struggles 1 song into the show. By the time he hits the chorus of the first song he's out of breath and needs to resort to posing and throwing The Smile. He struggled with a 20 show European leg and had to cut shows short ánd had a break after 10 shows. He couldn't finish the last South American tour and had to give David a slot just to catch his breath. Even if this band will go on tour Jon will rely/depend on a little more than just "help".

The band have been offered plenty of deals for both a South American tour and a European tour but BJM have declined all offers so far. I've no idea why anyone would want to see this band perform live ever again even if Richie joins the band again. Everyone knows they're done and the only people in Bon Jovi camp refusing to admit they are are on JBJ's payroll.

That video of Richie doing his organ solo gymnastics on a guitar shows it'd have nothing to do with the band most people I assume grew up with and started loving in the first place. What's the point of another tour when it'll be one letdown after the other?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I can't disagree with anything you stated here. I was being aspirational in what I would want a farewell setlist to look like, but unless his voice were to magically improve he would need to rely on some type of autotune technology or just lip sync to actually get through this or any setlist. I think in 2018 a setlist like this wouldn't have been out of the question, but the vocals have deteriorated to the point where it is very much a question if we'll see another tour. No doubt the '22 leg was him testing the waters and he failed the test, just sucks to think that the last tour ever would be a handful of horribly received shows in middle America.

As for the 50 shows number, I guess it doesn't matter if he plays 5 shows or 50, he'll sound similar at all of them. If it were billed as an actual farewell tour though 50 shows over 5 continents would at least keep the demand high while ensuring that most fans who are interested have the chance to see them one more time. My point was mostly that I wouldn't want it to be a 5+ year, 300+ show money grab similar to what Elton John is doing.

Last edited by superkid; 01-23-2023 at 10:54 PM..