View Single Post

Old 08-19-2021, 11:59 AM
Something for the Posts

I'll never forget the first time I saw them at the Birmingham NEC in 1993 - the image of Richie stepping out on to the stage into a blue light and kicking into the I Believe intro is etched into my brain forever. And when Jon performed Fields Of Fire for the first time a couple of years before it was eventually released.

Milton Keynes 93 was also incredible as was Don Valley 95 with Van Halen and Thunder.

There were many shows in between, but seeing them in a small Theatre at the Nokia Theatre in NYC 2005 was something special, just because it was so intimate and I was so close to the front. Jon was really giving it some that night too.

the last time that I saw them was the last night of the O2 run in 2010. Whatever happens now, that will be the last time I saw the band that I remember, still somewhat at their peak. Highlight was hearing a couple of These Days tunes in the encore, especially '(It's Hard) Letting You Go'. Great way to end it for me really.

I started to become disillusioned with the band and the album when What About Now was released, so didn't see any shows on that tour or anything that has followed. I just haven't had the heart to see Jon in his current vocal state. I'm sure I would enjoy parts of it, but I want to remember the band as one of the greatest live bands on the planet, not a shadow of their former glories...but that's just me.

Last edited by Thinny; 08-19-2021 at 12:02 PM..