View Single Post

Old 09-21-2022, 05:57 PM
Price of posting

Default Fields Of Fire - Studio Track -Recorded on KTF or TD sessions??

Fields Of Fire - Studio Track -Recorded on KTF or TD sessions??

In the past, I remember discussing this on Jovitalk. I've always believed that the studio version of Fields Of Fire was recorded in the 1994 sessions for These Days, but was scrapped when other songs came up in the composition, as was Prostitute. And finally it was included in some reissues of These Days with some kind of typo in the information about the recording.

When MTV Unplugged 1992 UNCUT and their rehearsals leaked, I felt that everything I suspected could be true. Just look at the structure of the song when they play it, not even the intro is the same. The bridge and the guitar solo are executed differently.

Even when Jon did an acoustic version on the 1993 Birmingham show, still sounded like Unplugged 92.

I've always argued in the past, that the sound and instrumentation didn't sound like a Keep The Faith song, its sound was closer to the These Days album. Listening to the Fields Of Fire intro with those guitar arrangements just takes me back to the intro of Something for The Pain and the Hey God outro. All this would not be so far-fetched, since they did different re-recordings of Diamond Ring for years.

Another theory, could be, that they remade (partially) the 1992 studio track sometime in 1994-1995 with all those changes to fit the sound of the These Days album... with the intention of including it as a bonus track or b-side.

Thoughts?

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-21-2022 at 06:13 PM..