View Single Post

Old 09-21-2022, 06:23 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Man, that vocal is tough. Even in '93, Jon had to put in some serious effort to hit those notes. Was that the one they'd said became a bonus track because there's no way they could have done it live on a regular basis?
No, that was Starting All Over Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
In my opinion it was the original demo for KTF but when it came to releasing the special edition they wen't back into the studio and touched up parts of those old demos and added to them and made them feel more like finished tracks.

There is an interview from VH-1 in the UK with Jon and Dave and they say that they are in the studio working on bonus tracks for the special edition of These Days. If Dave was there, then I would imagine that re-recording and adding some parts would have been done.

Interesting. So we could be talking about partial reworked. The sound and arrangements of this song always fited better in my playlist as a These Days song.

Maybe Yovana could give us more clues, as she owns a demo tape of KTF sessions 1992, which includes Fields Of Fire.

Yovana, I summon you! We need your knowledge to solve this mystery.

Is the Fields Of Fire demo tape (that you have) the same as the live version of Unplugged 1992? or is the same as the studio track that was released on the 1996 special edition of These Days?

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-22-2022 at 09:14 AM..