View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
What Queen songs did they cover in their early set?

All I remember is a 30 second We Will Rock You song sample which is more of an anthem type song than classic Queen. And now the most recent Under Pressure.
I thought they were doing a We Will Rock You/ We are the Champions medley in 1984/ 1985 at a couple of concerts? Somebody who knows sets better can maybe confirm/ infirm?

And to SexxAtraxxion - it's not like Metallica or GnR were citing Queen as major influence before the concert either. Not to mention, GnR's One in a Million in the first place which would be terribly offensive to Freddie. I guess they were the biggest band in the world at that time. Still, even the Scorpions were there at the end (not to sound like a broken record or anything like that with the Scorpions again and again, just love them!).

But to be fair, I don't want to speculate or anything, was thinking Jon/Richie were asked this in some KTF-era interview and made a statement of some sort. Is that the case at all? Have seen the We Will Rock You musical again, and Queen songs are simply spectacular. Every now and then, there's nothing better than a healthy dose of Queen, and Freddie was undoubtedly a genius.