View Single Post

Old 11-02-2009, 05:57 PM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang A Drum View Post
really? Are you sure these aren't songs that you want on the album, rather than what you think will be on there?

If it's a greatest hits of all their material, those songs probably won't be on there. Just Older wasn't a single, Bad Medicine did WAY better than BTBMB, Hey God pretty much bombed everywhere except the UK (and only reached #13 there... Say it isn't so got higher) and I don't know about These Days, but I've never heard it on the radio, where as I have heard I'll Be There For You. Also, wasn't Always one of their highest selling singles?

Those 4 songs, I think, probably will be replaced with Bad Medicine, I'll Be There For You, Always and probably Runaway (At least 1 song from their first 2 records)

Anyway, if they released a Greatest Hits from throughout their career, I think it will have to be 2 disks.
I agree with the 2 disc idea but my reasoning for those tracks is as follows and isn't because I particularly want them on there... I wouldn't have put WSYCGH in there if that were the case!

Just Older - the self-professed band anthem from Crush. With that in mind, the next logical one to include after IML.

BTBMB - A very regular live track at gigs. Upbeat, catchy and not on CR.

Hey God and TD I included more because of their relevance in the world today. HG has already had comparisons drawn with Bullet and is the opening track of the album. These Days is the title track and I think they'd opt for that if only because it's one of the few TD tracks that gets aired at gigs and they really wouldn't know which other songs off the album to include in its place as their own appreciation of that record seems undefined.

I would anticipate if they were to include Always, it would be in place of Hey God though.