View Single Post

Old 05-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I agree... It is confusing... And I've been sticking up for Jon this entire tour so it's my turn... This couldn't be more uninteresting. I used to get excited when Jon did promo but that was just as boring as it gets...

Jon promoting this surprise with Michael Strahan on GMA @ Metlife Stadium should have raise some buzz however it just fell flat. He's got the band there, less Dave. Phil is playing the acoustic part that Jon could easily play. Tico is banging on a box, Phil is not even needed, and what's up with the freakin violin?

I used to enjoy Jon's acoustic performances and even wanted that Strum As You Are release back in '03 but what he's doing how is just flat out lazy!!! I think Jon equates Acoustic performances with a green light for dodging notes.

I believe he's trying to turn Reunion into the international graduating theme song but it's just not good enough for that to ever happen... I like the upbeat version and the remixed version even more but not at the level Jon is trying to turn it into... And that lazy acoustic rendition needs to go... And loose that ****ing violin... Lost Highway was 10 years ago!!! Move On!!!
I think Jon was simply feeling sentimental as he has his own kids graduating from college and just wanted to do something as a nod to that nothing more really.