View Single Post

Old 04-05-2018, 01:41 AM
These Days

No and No.

I don't think enough time has passed to heal all the wounds personally whatever they were. I don't think they would've broken up if there weren't serious personal issues between them. Band members who are that successful together just don't break up unless there is a good reason. And once they break up, it's usually ugly. It's just a bit different in Bon Jovi, because they were always so good at not airing their dirty laundry in public. Richie's substance abuse can't be the main reason as Jon always stood by his side during his earlier battles.

And if Richie ever comes back, I'm sure Phil will bounce. He's probably too busy and too expensive for a secondary role like this and, unlike Nils, he's just not a fan of Bon Jovi, musically, that's always been pretty obvious.

It's ironic, because I actually think that Shanks would be a really good fit next to Richie, because Richie would be the guitar hero we all know and love, would sing all he backing vocals you need and the only thing missing would be a guy who plays the rhythm parts properly without ****ing up and needing the spotlight. Phil, in that spot would be underutilized.