View Single Post

Old 12-15-2017, 04:01 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieets View Post
They might also play Wanted/Prayer acoustically again, Jon and Richie.. fits the occasion I think. Although that might also be too much of the "old band" vibe.
The way things seem right now, I would be flabbergasted if they did anything that showcases Jon and Richie or draws attention, in any way, to the team that they once were, like those acoustic duos did.

IMO, if Alec is there, the focus for this one night needs to be on the original 5 who are being inducted. As for whether Alec can still play, it's like I said earlier: playing an instrument is like riding a bicycle. It might take a couple tries to get your balance and coordination but it's not like you can't do it anymore. My guess is that if Alec were to brush up on it, he could handle his part at least as well as Jon and Richie have handled theirs in some of the performances that I've seen over the last few years.

Nobody's perfect; but I don't think perfection is what this night should be about. It's a celebration of what those 5 inductees accomplished together; and I personally think the set list should reflect that.