View Single Post

Old 03-07-2015, 02:58 PM
The Distance

To be honest, I don't even think Cadillac Man & We All Sleep Alone are that great of songs (especially during that time period) and are wayyyyy overrated around here but there are 3 reason why I want them in at least Soundboard or Studio quality....

1. Anything Jon put his vocals to during 88 to 92 (and even a few years before and after) is a treasure. We all know it, there is no reason to expand on that.

2. It's my goal to capture the perfect collect when it comes to Originals and Covers in terms of quality. Realistically, that will never happen because there are too many coves that we'll never get in SB but it could happen with the originals (that I have so far). The 2 above, Soul Truth, Life's Too Short, Shadow Dancing, Good Ain't Good, & Mona Lisa. I kinda gave up on In America and there are obviously some of the demos from Slippery etc.

3. As a fan, Hammersmith is a piece of history and it's something that we should all have in some sort of copy. If the video can't be salvaged, then a nice bonus CD would suffice. There are too many coves so to get permission, it's probably a pain. And then once they pay out all the royalties, the release won't make any $.... However, they should at least throw it out there for free.