View Single Post

Old 06-14-2017, 01:45 AM
These Days

The last album that actually feels like a band album to me. You can hear the band perform as a unit and the sound feels quite "live", and though Bounce also has that feel in parts it's not the same as Crush. The band clearly knew they had to follow the trends of the times but I honestly feel that the songs were crafted because the band wanted to do this kind of music, not becaus they needed to. In that sense it's one of the most important album in their career. They got the huge hit, they delivered an album that proved that Bon Jovi still was relevant and wasn't living in the past.

I love Crush. Songs like Say It Isn't So, Just Older, Two Story Town, Mystery Train are up their in the top for me. The one song I never got into was Next 100 Years. Can't really say why, for me it feels like they wanted to create this huge number with orchestral elements, the huge outro but it falls flat and from the third chorus and forward it's just messy.

The Crush Tour DVD was what got me into Bon Jovi. I must have watched it more than a hundred times. The Crush songs sounded great in a live setting, and I remember even then being impressed with how good Bon Jovi's new material stood up against the older ones.

Last edited by DryCounty; 06-14-2017 at 01:48 AM..