View Single Post

Old 06-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Jovi Fan

I still remember that time very well. Walking a few miles to the recordstore to buy the IML single & recording everything I was able to find on TV. Jon promoted U-571 and soon after that the promotion for the band started. MTV & other music channels still played loads of BJ so this was a great time for a fan to see a lot of your fave artist.

I remember thinking that there was suddenly a "different" Jon. Maybe he really thought he was about to become a big movie star. It all looked way too polished and stiff to me.

The record itself was a disappointment to me. For starters I thought the booklet was a joke. No lyrics, no nothing. And there were only a handful of songs that I liked right away and I hadnīt experienced that with a Bon Jovi album before.
IML, Say it isnīt so, Two Story town and yes Sheīs a mystery were the only ones I liked right away. The rest grew on me and I became a big fan of OWN after hearing the 2001 version.

Back than it didnīt (couldnīt ?) live up to my expectations but knowing now everything that came afterwards it stands tall on my list.