View Single Post

Old 06-15-2017, 05:46 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger11 View Post
I still remember that time very well. Walking a few miles to the recordstore to buy the IML single & recording everything I was able to find on TV. Jon promoted U-571 and soon after that the promotion for the band started. MTV & other music channels still played loads of BJ so this was a great time for a fan to see a lot of your fave artist.

I remember thinking that there was suddenly a "different" Jon. Maybe he really thought he was about to become a big movie star. It all looked way too polished and stiff to me.

The record itself was a disappointment to me. For starters I thought the booklet was a joke. No lyrics, no nothing. And there were only a handful of songs that I liked right away and I hadn´t experienced that with a Bon Jovi album before.
IML, Say it isn´t so, Two Story town and yes She´s a mystery were the only ones I liked right away. The rest grew on me and I became a big fan of OWN after hearing the 2001 version.

Back than it didn´t (couldn´t ?) live up to my expectations but knowing now everything that came afterwards it stands tall on my list.
Yep!!! This is a carbon copy of what I would have wrote too... Less your song choices