View Single Post

Old 06-19-2017, 09:26 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Great album. I got into them around the TD era so this was the first album related to the band where I was a fully fledged fan. I was also 17, just finished school and going through growing pains so in a way, I could really relate to the sort of change Jon was going for with this.

To be honest Midnight in Chelsea completely underwhelmed me at the time although I grew to love it. Some of lyrics are very clever and Jon saying he'd rather paint "No ones asking me for favours, no ones looking for a saviour, they're too busy saving me" on his chest than take it back really made me believe in everything he was saying. It's a shame he's shat all over that statement for the last 17 years.

For me there is no weak song. The lyrics are also some of the best he's written. My personal favourite is Staring at your Window...". That song is really underrated and despite a slightly weak chorus, the lyrics in the verses are phenomenal. But I love the album. "Queen of New Orleans", "Janie", "Every Word", "Its Just Me" and the title track are my other favourites but the whole album is some of Jon's best and most innovative work. It's a shame it bombed commercially in the US.

And 20 years?!? Unbelievable.