View Single Post

Old 09-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Default Has Jon made any comments about his voice in public?

Hi everyone!

I'm a long time lurker on the board but thought I'd finally join in!

I really don't want to start another heated debate on whether Jon can sing anymore, I'm just curious as to whether he's ever made any comments about not being able to sing certain songs, at least not like the original versions? (e.g radio saved my life..).

Obviously for many singers, vocal range decreases as they age, though it's not the case with everyone. Other factors like smoking (not sure if jon still is?) often don't help.

I have no idea what Jon thinks about it but I imagine it must be very frustrating for him not being able to hit those higher notes. Watching old promo performances of songs like "Always" makes me realise how naturally he could jump up to higher notes, making it look totally effortless by smiling throughout. Now it seems Jon often holds two hands over the mic during the high notes to cover his face. It's clear he struggles but does anyone know if it even concerns him now?

I still love Bon Jovi, enjoying HAND a lot. I'm not expecting Jon to walk out and sing like he used to now, even if I'm secretly hoping he'll blow us all away with his vocals like he used to!