View Single Post

Old 01-29-2021, 02:11 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Dear God, I wasn't even a fan back then in the sense of knowing that a new single / album was coming until it got played on the radio. I still remember, it was the first of three days at a traineeship we had to do from our school. I had heard the announcement of the new song on the radio in the morning, but missed the premiere. The next day, they played it and the people there told me that I can turn it up if I wanted to. It was such a fresh energetic vibe to the song. The last time I actually felt like that with a new Bon Jovi single. Thinking about it - I was actually exactly half the age I am today when the song was released
HAND was the first BJ album where I was able to observe the whole process, like, they're in the studio now! They're live-debuting a new single (one year before the album even dropped)! Song titles make the rounds! A release date! A single! A leak! The album! A promo phase!

And... the last time they really went all out, as far as promoting an album goes, actually. I don't remember as much buzz for anything that came after.

It's probably not much of a coincidence that HAND is, IMO, the best thing they've done after 1992.