View Single Post

Old 01-30-2021, 12:38 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
I was going to give my opinion on the album but I pretty much summed it up for myself here;

It's funny how I used to think it was a strong solid album back in 2005 and now it feels dated and underwhelming. Bounce on the other hand (no pun intended) still holds up for me and is still just as engaging, even though it probably has more flaws than Have a Nice Day. I loved the title track and "I Want To Be Loved" the most back then, and "Dirty Little Secret" was a good bonus track as well.

I still think the final album over all is better than the "original" 2004 version. It would probably help if I actually listen to the whole original album but I think some of the additional songs included for the final album helped beef it up a bit. I think a hybrid of the 2004 and 2005 version would have worked best, like if the original versions of "Have a Nice Day", "I Want To Be Loved" and "Bells of Freedom" were used instead of dumbing down and broadening the lyrics for the final version.
There are some songs I think the tweaking of the lyrics helped and some it hurt. It took the punch out of I Want To Be Loved but some of the original lyrics to Bells were hacky and watered down. Loved the storyline aspect but "So far away from everything and everyone
Can't get away from anything or anyone" I'm glad they got rid of.

My ultimate version of HAND is the chorus they used, the verses they didn't, and the double drum part before the second chorus. I don't know which solo I liked more but the first one is a little too "Go Your Own Way" to my liking.